Sunday, April 26, 2009

Listing of the Day: Norwood Anomaly

91 East 208th Street, #FS2, 2 Bedrooms - $129,000

Seriously, I hope they have an open house for this thing soon. I have to see if this is a real 2 bedroom and actually 900 square feet or if it is a listing agent created mirage. I know that the housing market has been crippled. I know that prices have fallen precipitously all over the country - nay, the world - but it's hard to believe that a 2 bedroom in Norwood is listed at $129K.

The unit looks reasonable, and for $129K, BoogieDowner was expecting a converted gallerteria, rehabbed meth lab, or former dog fighter training facility. The apartment doesn't look spectacular, but I've seen worse - much worse for much more money.

I won't bore you with all the details of Norwood. For the uninitiated you can read some of some older Norwood LODs here or here. Needless to say, there's stuff to do, places to shop, and some nice green space.

Transportation is nice. In this apartment you'd be closer to the 4 train Mosholu Parkway stop than to the D train at 205th, but each is pretty close and convenient.

FULL LISTING

~ErLu

3 comments:

Gregory Lobo Jost said...

maybe their monthly maintenance is really high?

Kim said...

The photos make it look like 2 rooms, not 2 bedrooms. I wonder if the listing is just wrong.

Boogiedowner said...

I have a feeling that the listing is a little less than truthful. The listing agent certainly listed it as 2 bedrooms and 900 square feet, so there's no accidental mix up...