Here is what's brewing at Elisa Contemporary Art Gallery. The exhibition should be a lot of fun.
Elisa Contemporary Art presents My Hero, a new art exhibit focusing on Superheroes in today’s contemporary art. The exhibit will open on January 27th, 2012 and run March 31, 2012.
From the days of Greek and Roman Gods and Goddess through today’s X-Men, Dynamic Duos, Fantastic Four and many others, we are captivated by the Superhero (male and female). Is it their superhuman strength and power? Or their seeming selflessness to put the greater needs of others ahead of their own wants and desires? Or the fact that they may embody and magnify a single aspect of the human potential in each of us? They captivate, engage and inspire us in print, on the big screen, under the Broadway lights… and now in Contemporary Art.
In the latest Elisa Contemporary Art exhibit, we see the influences of Pop Art from the 1960’s and explore how five contemporary artists bring modern heroes to life in a whole new way. You’ll see Superheroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain America and meet some new characters.
The exhibit features artwork by:
- California artist, Don Morris
- New York artist, Peter Buchman
- Mixed Media arist, Oliver Peterson
- Houston artist, Mitch McGee
- Emerging artist, Jerome Walford
Hosting Special Events:
We’re hosting several special events during the My Hero exhibit.
- Opening Reception on Saturday, January 28th from 4-6pm with Houston Artist, Mitch McGee
- A Valentine’s Day Toast to your Favorite Hero on Saturday, February 11th from 5-7pm
- Two Art Workshops for Children (age 5+). Each workshop will be led and inspired by the work of one artist.
- Saturday, February 25th from 1-3pm Super hero Collage paintings with Oliver Peterson. (ages 5+)
- Sunday March 25th from 1-3pm. Super hero in action illustrations with Jerome Walford (ages 8+)
RSVP Required. Limited Space. Further details available at www.ElisaContemporaryArt.