Thursday, October 8, 2009

Listing of the Day: Appealing to the Troglodyte Set?

So I apologize for the infrequency of LODs the past few weeks; school is back in session and this old academic mustapha is pretty busy.

In any case, as I was trying to remount the LOD horse last evening I came across the worst pitch I've ever seen in a craigslist ad:

$700 / 1br - SECLUDED BASEMENT LAST SUBWAY STOP OF THE #5 TRAIN (DYER AVE BOSTON RD)

Why would a secluded basement at the terminus of the 5 train be attractive to anyone? Is the seclusion mentioned an enhancement to the ad? Couldn't the poster just have called it a "basement apartment?"

Here's the FULL LISTING in case you're looking to transfer those run-aways you've been stashing to a more secluded location.

Don't forget to ask for Radio (as per the listing).

~ErLu

and an addendum, I'd also like to know from what angle the bottom right picture in the listing was snapped...

No comments: