Friday, January 16, 2009

Dear Optimum Online:

You suck.

I can deal with the fact that sometimes when I use your crappy "Triple Play" phone service to call my relatives who live about 45 minutes away, there's a constant clicking sound which makes it sound like they live on the moon.

I have even gotten over that one time I was on the phone with a Dell customer service representative all the way over in India and was involuntarily disconnected from him after a THREE HOUR troubleshooting phone call.

But the interweb is sacred... You cannot mess with a blogger's interweb connection. We were basically twitching all day knowing that there were all sorts of great Bronx stories and events just waiting to be rounded up for our faithful readers, yet we could do nothing but sit at our desk and stare at our lifeless computer.

You really let us down today, Optimum.

Sincerely,

The BoogieDowners

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to decide whether to leave Optimum Triple Play for the Verizon Fios Triple Play (since it is now available in Throggs Neck), which is a bit cheaper, at the moment. The Optimum internet service has been...not a premium performer, in the humble opinion of a person who spends a majority of the day and night online. When I first got Optimum Online a few years ago, it was quick, and mostly reliable. Now, the service seems sluggish, or somehow throttled. Or, at least, I'm no longer feeling a big difference between cable service and the DSL that I used to have.

This, of course, is not to mention that the cable telephone service sucks. Though I had them change my number twice when I first registered for Triple Play, I still have a phone number that apparently belonged to a deadbeat billpayer, and I have collection agencies calling incessantly. If I paid more attention to the phone, it would be annoying.