Monday, September 13, 2010

More Espada Shenanigans?

We received the following email from a BD Reader last night:
I just heard from a friend of mine that lives in Tracey Towers that she or he (I don't want anyone to trace it back to them) got a strange call. This phone call announced that they could vote by phone. Obviously, this isn't true. There is no such thing as voting by phone. When my friend checked her caller ID, the number was listed under Pedro Espada. Is this legal? I'm wondering if they are just tricking Rivera supporters an that once these supporters have ben identified and tricked into calling in their vote, someone will try to vote as that person. Do you understand. First they identify John Smith as a supporter (probably done by knocking or phonebanking or something). Then they call to let this person know they can call in their vote. Once this person calls in their vote at the number provided, someone will go to the polls as John Smith (since they know the actual John Smith doesn't plan to arrive since he thinks he already voted) and votes for Espada. Even if they later part of my speculation doesn't happen, isn't misinforming people about how, when and where to vote illegal? Please let me know. I don't know if I should advise my friend to go to the authorities.
Although this sounds a bit far-fetched, I wouldn't put it past Espada and his henchmen. Beware of shenanigans such as these when attempting to cast your vote tomorrow!

~ErLu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always go to the authorities with something like this -- at very worst ahe/he would be wasting time -- at best they could be stopping fraud.

Anonymous said...

Agree! Report it to anyone who will listen.