Well, it has come to our attention that a concerned Norwood resident has declared war on the misuse and non-enforcement of parking placards in what he or she calls "the Dirty Five-Two." The anonymous poster has snapped photos of at least 14 unticketed cars misusing parking placards in Bedford Park and Norwood and has uploaded them to Uncivilservant.com, a website that follows such things. We agree with the general sentiment of the poster that these violations endanger our community. Whoever he or she is, we want to thank them for their vigilance and we want to encourage you to do the same. Call 311, snap photos, submit violations to uncivilservant.com and maybe we can make a dent in this problem.
Here are the locations of the violations that "norwoodresident" has espied.
1. Grand Concourse and Bedford Park Boulevard - safety hazard
2. Perry Avenue and East 207th Street - fake permit
3. Grand Concourse and Bedford Park Boulevard - invalid permit
4. Holt Place and Reservoir Oval East - no standing unenforced
5. 3400 Reservoir Oval East - invalid permit
6. 3201 Grand Concourse - invalid permit
7. Perry Avenue and East 201st Street - signage unenforced
8. Perry Avenue and East 201st Street - invalid permit
9. Perry Avenue and East 209th Street - safety hazard
10. Perry Avenue and Holt Place - invalid permit
11. Perry Avenue and Holt Place - invalid permit
12. Holt Place and Perry Avenue - unenforced signage
13. Holt Place and Perry Avenue - unenforced signage
14. Holt Place and Perry Avenue - unenforced signage
Does anyone else feel the same way about parking enforcement in the 52nd precinct (or the whole Bronx for that matter)?